NONNA'S WORLD

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

KING AND QUEEN OF THE PROM




Sheyanne and Elijah were selected to be the King and Queen of the Prom. I was so proud of Sheyanne because she wanted to make this night very special for Elijah since it was probably the first time he had ever received such special recognition. Elijah is a special child and has had a very tough life. He lost his mom at an early age and lives with his grandparents.
*
The King and Queen must have the first dance. Shey was a little nervous about that because she didn’t know if Elijah could dance. They got on the dance floor and she asked him if he knew how to dance. He said, “Yes, my aunt taught me. You want me to spin you?”
*
As you can see from the pictures they had a ball. Elijah is not bashful at all and we all know that Sheyanne has no problem with being shy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great post. Sheyanne, you are a special girl. I know that Elijah will never forget this night. By the way, in the third pic, I see Suzanne. Love you, Nana Cox