NONNA'S WORLD

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

AN AFTERNOON AT THE BARN WITH MADASAN, HER HORSES AND THE DOGS.

Madasan practicing her roping.
I watched her ride three of her horses, groom them and doctor and wrap one's leg.
While watching, this white eyed dog, Poncho, needed much of my attention. He loves for me to scratch his ears. The two Corgi's were playing but not Poncho. He is our one and only outside dog and if he can get a little scratching he gets it.

I have always lived on a farm but since my daughter and her family took over the farm things have changed. Where it was once just raising cattle now there is much more adventure. Showing cattle and preparing for the Rodeos is a full time job. Madasan does takes time from her busy schedule to play basketball but had to leave off softball because there just was not enough time in a day. Sheyanne is a senior in college so her time is pretty busy.

Riding and practicing is not all that the girls do. They are responsible for their animals. They feed them before school each day and then again at night. When they have been gone all day, to some type event, I hear them come in and look down at the barn and there they are at 1:00-1:30 p.m. feeding their livestock. Thank goodness their dad has plenty of lights around the barn so the boogers don't get them.

My responsibilities in all of this is to sit in my chair, scratch Poncho's ears, and enjoy it all. I take pictures and bring them home and write in my blog. I hear from some of my blog followers occasionally but not often enough. I get pretty amazed at some of the foreign countries that make an appearance on my blog. I know they type in a certain subject on Google and up pops Nonna's World with some story relating to what they are searching for. I bet I don't get many hits on An Afternoon At the Barn. If I do I'm sure they will think, "Those strange Arkansan people..."

No comments: