NONNA'S WORLD

Monday, March 19, 2012

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN



The old gym was taken down today. It is always a sad day when the old buildings decay and rot and must be pushed down and burned. I remember when this gym was built. I don't remember the year but I do remember playing in the old gym and also playing in this gym after it was built. I think it was around 1952 or 53.

It would have been nice to get the hard wood flooring up and put it in a house. I wonder if they allowed someone to do this or just burned it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jo, I graduated in 1953 and I never played in this gym. Yes, it is sad, everything on the hill is gone now except the auditorium which has become the bus garage. Do you remember how Red Gattin described our campus? He called it a polka dot campus because of the different building materials. Poor district then. But those good years make me appreciate our new school complex. Tim, Belinda, and I really enjoyed celebrating your birthday Saturday night. Love Edna