NONNA'S WORLD

Thursday, October 04, 2007

GREEN REUNION 9-29-2007

DENNIS AND JO GREEN AND THEIR FAMILY
(Tia, Dennis, Karen, Liz, Jeremy, Clint and Jo)

We had the Green Reunion on Saturday, September 29, 2007 at the Center Point Community Building. Greens traveled from all over the U.S. to visit with cousins, uncles and aunts.

Uncle Marvin Green's family turned out in great number. Approximately twenty of that family attended the reunion. Five of Uncle Marvin and Aunt Grace's children attended. Those attending were the following: Jo lives in OR, Dennis lives in AR, Mary lives in AR, Carolyn lives in AR and DiAnn lives in OR. Ted and David were unable to attend.

Several of the Green family wore t-shirts that read, "Keep It Green".

Also attending the reunion were Jerald Green and Mildred Green Gibson the remaining children of Tom and Mary Green and Clara Fern Pitts the only remaining child of Bob and Lela Green.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo, you were close on who is in the picture. From left to right: Tia Green, Dennis Green, Karen Green, Liz Green, Jeremy Green, Clint Green, Joe Green. Tia, Jeremy and Clint are Joe and Liz' kids. Karen is Dennis' wife.

Dennis Green - Oregon

Lindsay said...

Hi, I just came across your blog because I googled my great-mother, Clara Fern Green Pitts, who just passed away on June 3 of this year. Family meant so much to my "Big Mama," and it means so much to me. We have a Green Reunion in Hot Springs, but I would love to get to know some of this side of my family!

Jo Ann said...

Lindsay,
I'm so sorry to hear about Clara Fern. I had not heard about her death. I knew the last time she attended the reunion she was in a wheel chair.

Clara Fern and my mom were double first cousins. The Green boys married the Fox sisters. I have some history on the family if you are interested.

I was also so sorry about John Frazier. He was such a big buddy of my brothers and often visited in this area. His mom, Marie and my mother were big buddies. They loved to visit and they would talk and laugh into the night.

Let me hear from you either by email, on Facebook, or on the blog. If you post on the blog post on the front page because I had a difficult time finding your post. Finally I Googled Clara Fern and found the page you posted.

Good to meet another family member. We would love for you to come to our reunion.

Jo Ann