NONNA'S WORLD

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

NONNA HAVING FUUUUUUNNNNN!!!


It is surprising what a grandmother will do for her grandchildren. I hate the hot but here I sit with a bottle of water, my sun screen, my easy chair, an umbrella, my shoes off and I'm lovin' the game.
*
All of this took place after traveling three hours to get to the ballgame. Then we traveled three hours to return home, rested on Sunday and returned on Monday, spent the night and returned home after the game on Tuesday.
*
Now most people rushed home after such a trip but not my bunch. We just had to get back to Texarkana and eat at the Roadhouse. Still that wasn't enough, the girls wanted to just stop by the Mall for a little look. Sheyanne and Halee needed graduation dresses so this was such a good opportunity to check out Dillard's. So away they went with black paint still on their faces and wearing parts of their uniform. They just planned to be gone a few minutes so I stayed in the car. About an hour later they returned with a pair of Nikes. We FINALLY got home at 10:00 p.m.
*
Now tell me that Nonna's World is not exciting. If I survive the trip to Rector I will be surprised.
I may need prayers.

1 comment:

carissa said...

Hi Nonna! If you don't mind letting me know when the date(s) and time(s)of the games are, I will try to join you guys! Then you wouldn't have to suffer alone.

Oh, I wait tables on Thursday nights and have waited on you nephew for quite some time. Last night we figured out the common connection. allen (sp) Howard. How funny is that? Small world.