NONNA'S WORLD

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

MADASAN'S NEW HEIFER


All of you know that most of the things I post on my blog have to do with my two granddaughters. I go to church, an occasional movie, have car problems, read a good book and play Bunko. Those subjects are not so interesting so I give you things that my girl’s are participating in. As you know showing cattle is a big thing in their lives. We are still grieving over the fact that Sheyanne can no longer show in the local shows because of her age but we are sure our Madasan will be there for a few more years.

Madasan has her new heifer that she plans to show this year along with her bull, Oakie. This picture is on the second day of a long drawn out process of having her ready for the first show. I am including Madasan’s comment about this new heifer:

“The heifer I purchased is a Maine Anjou. She is doing very well. I put a halter on her the second day I had her. Two days later I started again. The first time she fought it a little, I left her tied for fifteen minutes and after that I untied her and believe it or not she let me rub her head and neck. Everything went better than I ever expected. She is by far the easiest I have ever broken. Overall, everything is coming along great!”

This new heifer doesn’t have a name yet but we often hear her call her Roy Joe and an occasional Charline…

No comments: