NONNA'S WORLD

Friday, June 11, 2010

DISASTER AT FAVORITE CAMPING AREA


The Caddo River going into Glenwood

Albert Pike flood

More devastation at Albert Pike


One of the cabins destroyed

Sign to Bard Springs and Shady Lake

Albert Pine before the flood.

Flash flooding in the Albert Pike area left campers stranded and search and rescue teams from surrounding counties are working the area. At this time they have rescued approximately 30 people.

Arkansas State Police reported 16 fatalities by early afternoon.

Arkansas Department of Emergency Management has set up a call center. People can call 888-683-2336 for information on missing people. The call center will be open until 10 p.m. tonight and Saturday and Sunday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a tragedy! I feel so bad about for those families... Did you take these photos?

MacKinzy

Jo Ann said...

I didn't take the pictures. I took them from Facebook, friends and some from net work coverage.

This is one of my favorite camping places. We spent many wonderful vacations up there. I knew it often flooded but nothing like this. It will take a great deal of work to get it back to normal.

Hope you are having a great summer.

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine the aftermath. So sad... I am having a great summer. I need to update my blog! We have been busy doing stuff and A LOT of nothing! :)
MacKinzy