NONNA'S WORLD

Saturday, June 12, 2010

MORE ON FLOODING AT ALBERT PIKE






Saturday found approximately 200 searchers combing the 20 miles of wilderness.
The search is expected to take several weeks. Several from Dierks were among those searching.

Teams scouring miles of river and rugged wilderness found two more bodies Saturday. This brings the death toll to 18 from the flash flood that swept through Camp Albert Pike. Many are still unaccounted for.

A pre-dawn wall of water surprised sleeping campers, leaving them frantically trying to get to safety.

Six of the 18 people killed were young children. 15 were identified from the list of 18. Those identified were from Louisiana, Texas and Arkansas.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Hey Jo Ann, I just saw where you wrote back and it was so great to hear back from you. I kind of stumbled onto the blog myself, so I apologize about the post being so far back. We all live around the Texarkana area and would love to try to make it to the reunions!

I would love to talk to you about teaching, too. I just graduated with my Bachelor's and am in graduate school trying to get an English teaching job.

Big Mama and John will both be missed so much. My mom wanted me to ask you if your mother was Denver? She said Big Mama loved Denver so much.

You can e-mail me at lindsay_walker21@yahoo.com or I'm on Facebook, too. I look forward to hearing from you!

-Lindsay