NONNA'S WORLD

Friday, November 19, 2010

BEAUTIFUL ARKANSAS/DEER SEASON


Sheyanne and her eight point buck.

Madasan and her nine point buck.



If you live in my part of the world you take so many things for granted. For example Mother Nature got carried away with her paint brush this year. I am amazed at the beautiful colors of fall. Recently one of our local nature photographers (Greg M.) had several beautiful pictures of the Albert Pike and Cossatot Area on Facebook. I couldn’t resist letting other bloggers enjoy them. (Thanks Greg for the beautiful pictures.)

November always bring about another BIG event in Arkansas. DEER SEASON! This is one of the biggest happening around here. In anticipation of the coming season, energetic hunters put out food plots to entice the deer into certain areas. On the big day mothers, fathers, kids, etc., get out the orange and hit the woods. Some use dogs and others just sit and wait, often in elaborate tree stands, hoping to get the big one.

My two granddaughters have been seeing several deer on our property so their method is to sit and wait. Sheyanne got her eight point buck early in the morning and Madasan got her 9 point buck in the afternoon. As you can see from their pictures they were all smile.

This is one experience I have had in my life since the beginning. My father loved to hunt with dogs. Since this was his favorite method of hunting, his nick name was

“Driver”. I have listened to his stories and then after the boys got into the game the big hunt pretty well dominated the conversation at all gatherings. For some strange reason I didn’t catch the bug. I didn’t think it would be much fun to kill Bamba.

All of you that talk about Arkansas with all of our bugs, snakes, ticks, chiggers, etc., need to take a look at some of the beauty that completely outweighs those little critters.

No comments: