NONNA'S WORLD

Saturday, November 06, 2010

GIRL'S NIGHT OUT TO SEE WICKED




When I was invited on this trip I declined the offer but was persuaded that I could handle it. In making that decision I ran across a quote by Mark Twain that motivated me to get on with life and do what I could while I could. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream, Discover.” I know I will not be around twenty years from now but my age and my health seem to be my bowlines that often keep me from doing some of the things I would like to do. So I decided to accept the challenge and go with the girls to see Wicked*. I’m so proud I did!!

Fifteen of us ended up going on this adventure. It was an outstanding performance. It was very uptown for a group of country girls.

Julia got this group together. Five of us traveled from Dierks and met ten others for the great outing.

We had supper at Mimi’s in Little Rock. The place was packed with hungry customers and our food was late so the rush was on. We left our befuzzled waiter, John, a generous tip but by passed his slow delivery of our checks and hurriedly departed the place in an effort to arrive at Robinson Auditorium by 8:00 p.m. Julia let us out at the front and she parked the vehicle. We made it just in time…

After the show we coaxed an innocent bystander to snap a few shots of our group. (While at Mimi’s we also met a nice lady that happily snapped a few photos of our group.)

It was around 11:30 when we got out of the building and loaded into our car for the trip home. With five ladies in the car you can expect the necessity of a bathroom break before we got very far. We also made a late night visit to Krispy Kream. The Krispy Kream put the finishing touch on an exciting adventure.

Being the oldest in the group should make me feel old and decrepit but with this group of ladies I always come home rejuvenated. I sailed away from the safe harbor and believe me I caught the trade winds in my sails and soared. It was a great night!

*Wicked captivated our little group. It was the Wizard of Oz prequel story about a green woman coming of age in Oz. It was a moving tale of two witches and a dazzling green themed spectacle.

1 comment:

julia said...

No one mourns the wicked!!! It was a fabulous night. I'm so glad you came with us!