NONNA'S WORLD

Monday, January 23, 2012

WHAT IS GOING ON IN JANUARY???

This is Nonna at the Howard Family Christmas. As I near my 76th birthday I find it very difficult to lose weight and my hair becomes a little grayer each day. I never know what ache or pain I will have when I drag out of the bed each morning. But like an old car I will chug along until everything breaks, leaks, rust out or falls off. Life is good...
My two grands...Madasan and Sheyanne. These two are really different but both have their special abilities that make them so dear to me. Sheyanne loves to talk and ask for advice and Madasan keeps her business to herself. She never has problems with her friends and Sheyanne is always having some conflict or another. They fuss, like most sisters, but will fight for the other if the need should arise.
Sheyanne is starting her last semester of college...we hope.
Madasan is busy playing basketball. She is the point guard and works so hard to play her best.
This is my brother Danny's daughter, Tela. Tela finally got to bring her identical twin boys home this month. They had to stay in the hospital until they were nearly five pound. They look like little dolls all dressed in their little blue suits.
This is Charles and Nell Payne. They celebrated their 63 anniversary this year. These two moved to Dierks early in their career. He started out as the football coach and basketball coach and ended up as superintendent. I started teaching in 1961-62 and he was my superintendent. I really think this couple considers Dierks their home because of the great love so many people have for them. They made quite an impact on our school and the community.

No comments: