NONNA'S WORLD

Monday, April 14, 2014

JUST FOR FUN...ETC.

This a picture of my Golden Girls. We all get our hair made beautiful on Fridays. After getting all of that gray hair all washed and a shake of shimmery lights put on it we are ready to go. We all congregate down at Kenya's to have lunch. We have our own table and no one dares to get it on Fridays. We have our lunch and catch up on all of the news that is news in the community. We usually break up the fun around 2:30-3:00 and go our separate ways...until the next time. (Since I took the picture I missed being in it. Iris is the only one that works on Fridays and she was our special guest on this day. This is an old picture that was taken on Helen's birthday.)

This is one of my fun nights of the year. Sixteen friends and I play Bunco each month and in October we go all out and go in our Halloween best. In the top picture you will see me as Ms. Kay (from Duck Dynasty) and Si.  Our host for the night was Rachel Moore Lowrey. (For those that claim me as a cousin need to know that this is the grand-daughter of Mary Quinn Moore and the daughter of Terry Moore, Mary's son.)

This is the Chase Quinn family that is so much of a part of our lives. Kaci is a dear friend to my daughter and the girls. She goes to all of the out of town games with Suzanne since I no longer make those trips. Chase is the grandson of Bobby and Sue Quinn. Since they are Suzanne's friends they become my friends. We worship together and have lunch together most Sundays. They helped out with getting ready for Sheyanne's wedding. They are very special people in my life.

Amanda Rae Moore is the daughter of Terry and Julia Moore. They are cousins but also very dear friends. Amanda was riding on the back of a motorcycle with her boss and was killed at the young age of 33. She was a lawyer in Fayetteville and so dear to so many of us here at Dierks.

This is by brother, Danny Hyle's beautiful family.  The man on the end with a tan suit is the superintendent at Nashville. The family was honored at the ceremony of the Open House of the new gym at Nashville.
This is my dear friend, Edna Earle Farley Cox. We went on the church trip to Garven Gardens in Hot Springs at Christmas time. Edna and I were in school together, played ball together, were cheerleaders and finally taught in the Dierks School System for many years. We both lost our husbands and have grown closer as a result of this awful thing happening in our lives. We now worship together at the Dierks Church of Christ and are now dedicating our lives to our children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and the Lord.

 This has been a post of events that have happened in my life that are joyous and sad.  Friends and family grow more and more important in my life. I realize that my blog is of very little importance to many but I still have a few that check in and I thought they might enjoy seeing some of the people that are important in my life besides my daughter, granddaughters and great-grandson.

No comments: