NONNA'S WORLD

Saturday, October 11, 2008

GREEN REUNION 10-4-08

Back row: Charles Jackson, Bobby Quinn, Jerrell Green, Glen Gibson
Front row: Mary Reid Jackson, Mildred Green Gibson
This is my mother's brothers and sisters.
Back row: Vira Young, Mazie Reid, Annie Bell Quinn, Ruth Howard, Denver Westfall, Mildred Gibson
Front row: Marvin Green, D.L. Green, Leon Green, Jerrell Green

Approximately 75 members of the Green family gathered at Center Point, AR on October 4, 2008 for a reunion. The food was out of this world. I think Mama Green must have taught her daughters the real secret of good cooking and they are passing it on down to their daughters.
*
I don't usually like to go to reunions but when this one comes around I always return home being so thankful for having been a part of this family. I am also thankful for all of the traditions, religious training, and love of family that has come from my mother's family.
*
(This post needs to be down under the Scrapper Homecoming but I got carried away and forgot to do it earlier.)



No comments: