NONNA'S WORLD

Thursday, January 29, 2009

A FROSTY MORNING OUT MY BACK DOOR



On Tuesday we made preparations for an ice storm. We visited the grocery story, trimmed the lamps, bought batteries, got gas for the generator, gathered wood for the fireplace and got ready for the worst. Thankfully, it passed us by.

This morning, as I slumbered, I was jarred awake with an excited call from my daughter. I just had to jump out of bed and see how beautiful our woods were. Sure enough the trees were covered in a magnificent coating of white. The radio announcer said it was frozen fog but I’m not sure.

While enjoying my breakfast, with all of the drapes open, I watched beautiful, fluffy snowflakes drift down ever so gently. Here we are with all of God’s beauty so near and mine to enjoy. Then the sun came out. Life is good!

No comments: