NONNA'S WORLD

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

A DAY IN NONNA'S WORLD


JO ANN’S FIRST DAY OF DECEMBER


Twenty three days two hours six minutes and forty nine seconds till Christmas. (When I checked a few minutes ago.) This day has been filled with all of the stuff that fills my life each day. I thought I would share a glimpse of what goes on in my world. Most of the time I tell you about my granddaughters but today I will tell you about MY DAY.


I got up around 8:30, had breakfast, got a bath and got dressed to go to the gym. Suzanne and I started going to the gym in Nashville two days per week so today was the day. I called her to check about what time we would leave and she was in the middle of tearing into her washer. It had not been working so I told her it could possibly be the filter. She picked today to find out.


Now remember I am ready at 9:30 a.m. just sitting and waiting for her to be ready. She called at 12:15 and said she was ready.


We left and on our way we decided to stop and see my new great niece that lives on our way to Nashville. We visited with her mom and got to hold her while she slept.


Finally we left and continued on our way to the gym. We arrived there around 1:30 p.m. and worked out for about an hour. After working so hard we had to have lunch so we hit Subway for sandwiches. Suzanne always tries something new and I always have the tuna with sweet pickled peppers.


After we ate our fill we went down to Wal-Mart and filled up the car and headed home. I stopped at the post office and got the mail and finally got home.


I had ordered me a air pistol to shoot pesky squirrels and two goats that stand on my front porch. I got the gun in the mail today and was anxious to try it out on Billy Tom that insists on chewing my door wreath.

I finally read the directions on how to make the gun work and went outside to try it out. The little female goat greeted me and I took a couple of shots at her and she headed to the back. I followed looking for Billy Tom and low and behold there he was with his feet sticking in the air as dead as could be. Something had already gotten to him. I knew the air pistol wouldn’t hurt him but would maybe scare him away from my porches but it was all in vain. HE WAS DEAD!


The girls got all excited over the unexpected death of Billy Tom (that is what they had named him). I was a tad disappointed that I didn’t get to scare him with the new gun. He would just dare you to scare him off and was in need of being taught a lesson. I missed my opportunity…


Now it was time to get ready for a gathering of the Bunco Babes. We were playing Bunco up at Rachel’s house.

Fifteen of us gathered to enjoy the night. Rachel had a great meal prepared for us and finally we got with the playing of Bunco. We always have such a fun and relaxing time and I always seem to embarrass myself one way or another. You can see from looking at the pictures that this is one crazy bunch.


This pretty much was my day. We got home around 8:45 and I settled in to watching Sherri on Life Time until I decided to write this book for my blog. What a day in the life of an old 73 year old broad!

1 comment:

julia said...

I just love your blog! Bunco night is about the best night of the month, isn't it?